Hi Nancy

I am equivocal about our compulsory voting structure.( You get fined if you don’t vote)  It seems to me a funny notion that by forcing everyone to vote you achieve something desirable as once they are in the booth they can do what they like. From my perspective it is desirable that the marginalised have a but of an encouragement to go to the booths as those of use with a comfortable life should be kept in check but the reasoning still seems a bit wayward. Anyway I hope things turn out well for you all - and we well know that means  for all the rest of us too. We go to the polls on 2 July to decide between two parties between which you could not insert a cigarette paper on policies.

cheers Pete