Thank you to all that replied with thoughts on the warbler I photographed yesterday.

It would appear that the bird was/is a Mourning Warbler - some think 1st year male and some think possibly a female.

As Andy Reago earlier posted Joshua Uffman's reply to me regarding presence of a slight eye ring and the length of the undertail coverts only about halfway out the tail lead this to be Mourning Warbler and not Connecticut that has a bold eye ring and the shorter tail is nearer the undertail coverts than what the bird showed.

Thanks again for your input. I love birding in part for this very reason . . . always something a little different to keep us on our toes!

Chris Barrigar

Cole Co.
Russellville, MO

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cbarrigar