Looking at eBird sightings for Whoopers this spring, I noticed that a group
of four birds spent May 3 and 4 in Macomb County, Michigan, west of
Detroit.

The photos of the Michigan group look very similar to the group now in
central MO, with one bird having a rusty head and the rest having more of a
subadult plumage. Ths leg bands are also visible and could confirm that
this is the same group of young wanderers.

John Besser
Columbia MO