I did check out that McDonald's parking lot on Sunday morning.  I inspected every one of the few trees and tried some playback and had no luck.

Bill Duncan

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Andrew Reago <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
The Bewick's Wrens that were nesting at Shaw Nature Reserve this year appear to have left probably due to two House Wrens taking over the nesting box at Bluebird House #29 at the corner of Trail House Loops and Pine Amphitheater on the reserve property.  My wife, Chrissy McClarren, witnessed two House Wrens going in and out with nesting material and throwing material out  shortly after Dave Becher left the area today, 5/18/16.   Maybe there were young and they fledged, but I doubt it.  Read more about House Wrens creating problems for Bewick's Wrens here:

http://www.sialis.org/bewrbio.htm

If anyone knows where I could photograph Bewick's Wrens, I'd appreciate the information.  Chrissy was checking the Shaw spot out for me. I wish I'd got there sooner. I wonder if Chris Barrigar's find of a Bewick Wren in O'Fallon is still there.  Has anyone checked out that spot lately?

Thanks,

Andy Reago
St. Louis MO