WHAT:     St. Louis area field trip, half day to about noon, sponsored by St. Louis Audubon Society.

WHEN:     Saturday, May 21

WHERE:   Meet at the parking lot for the Blue Grosbeak Trail, Weldon Spring CA.  Take US 40/I-64 west across the Missouri River to MO-94.  Exit there, turn left, go across the overpass, and proceed about 3/4 of a mile to the first parking lot on your left.  We will car pool from there for the rest of the morning.

MEETING TIME:   6:30 a.m. (that's not a typo)

PLAN:   We will walk in the Blue Grosbeak Trail and look for some of the typical breeding birds of that area: Blue Grosbeak, Bell's Vireo, Orchard Oriole, Yellow Warbler, Yellow-breasted Chat.  We'll then make a pit stop at Busch CA  to the Fallen Oak Trail, seeking Pine Warbler, then stop along HWY D to access Weldon Spring Interpretive Center (behind "Mount Doom") to seek Henslow's Sparrow, Grasshopper Sparrow, Prairie Warbler, and Scissor-tailed Flycatcher, before continuing down 94 to the Lost Valley Trail for various Eastern woodland songbirds.

WHO:   Everyone is welcome, non-members of St. Louis Audubon Society too, beginner or advanced.

CONDITIONS:  Please dress appropriately for whatever weather is predicted as we get closer.  Sunscreen, bug spray, water and a snack are good ideas.

TRIP LEADERS: Bob Bailey and Dave Garcia (If he wakes up on time)

Bob Bailey

St. Louis, MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/