The following questions are just 'Top of my head' stuff:

How many Bluebird boxes are there

Who monitors them

St. Louis Audubon does a yearly trek out there.  Do they have any insights or is it just another walk to check off.

Obviously, no one monitors them.  I'm sure we would of heard about Bewick's Wrens there before Saturday if someone at Shaw took the time to at least do a non-intrusive nest box occupancy count.  That would reveal the time line between Bewick's nesting activity and now the House Wren.

Kudos to the Creve Coeur Lake, St. Louis County, volunteers who do monitor their Bluebird boxes, of which there are many and doing quite well.  It's a walk to to get to them, I know.

It just seems simple for Shaw Nature Reserve to take an inventory of who they have nesting in their boxes.  They installed them.  I would like to know, wouldn't you?

Bryan Prather
St. Louis Co, Mo

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/