Dick Cissels are special to me!  It is one of the birds I went through the process of identifying all by myself, several years ago, and I can practically remember the very fence post where it sat, in a pasture in Douglas County Kansas.  I don't know how I'd gone all those years without noticing them, but I had.

One thing that interests me about them is how much their song varies from one part of the state to another.  See if you notice that.

Keep on looking at little birds, and they will begin to sort themselves out in your mind.  And it's quite alright to ask for help on the list if you and your field guide don't come up with the id.

June Newman
Carroll County