I reviewed *Tarantula's Web* *Time Present*. What I noted was that many
situations have been described differently by Eliot and others. I am not
sure there is, as of now, any definitive account because there are so many.
But it may be that later letters will clarify it.

Regardless, it does seem that the marriage was a shock to both Hayward and
Trevelyan, and of course a total shock to Emily Hale. As Eliot kept it a
secret to the last possible time, do you think, Tim, that a day or two
affects how you view it?
Nancy