You may as well like to read a couple pages (pp. 17-18) of Wallace Fowlie's "Memory: A Fourth Memoir" at the following link:

https://books.google.com/books?id=aOvqdKxKF4kC&pg=PA17&lpg=PA17&dq#v=onepage&q&f=false

CR

On Wednesday, May 25, 2016, Chanan Mittal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
P. 98 at this link sheds some light on Eliot's Norton Lectures. Joe here is CL Barber, and Mattie is FO Matthiesen.

https://books.google.com/books?id=HnzhAgAAQBAJ&pg=PA98&lpg=PA98&dq

CR