Still it must've been an opportunity to listen to this phenomenon.

CR

On Wednesday, May 25, 2016, James Loucks <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I've studied TSE's year in America in detail, and I can assure you that his lectures and readings did not always appeal to his audiences.  --  Jim Loucks

From: Chanan Mittal <[log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2016 10:08 PM
Subject: Re: TS Eliot - a 1931 portrait

The 1931 portrait vis-a-vis Eliot's timeline

1930
"Ash Wednesday," a poem about Eliot's religious awakening, is published.

1932
A Year at Harvard
Eliot accepts a yearlong teaching position at Harvard, his alma mater. The professional opportunity also gives him a break from his failing marriage to Vivienne, who remains in England while Eliot travels to Massachusetts. Eliot is instantly a well-liked professor, frequently inviting students over for tea.

In the 1931 portrait, Eliot looks confident, reassured.

CR