James,

 Could you give a few specifics regarding that? I would imagine that most audiences would be less than unified in their enthusiasms to begin with.

Thanks,
Ken A

On 5/25/2016 4:56 AM, James Loucks wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
I've studied TSE's year in America in detail, and I can assure you that his lectures and readings did not always appeal to his audiences.  --  Jim Loucks

From: Chanan Mittal <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2016 10:08 PM
Subject: Re: TS Eliot - a 1931 portrait

The 1931 portrait vis-a-vis Eliot's timeline

1930
"Ash Wednesday," a poem about Eliot's religious awakening, is published.

1932
A Year at Harvard
Eliot accepts a yearlong teaching position at Harvard, his alma mater. The professional opportunity also gives him a break from his failing marriage to Vivienne, who remains in England while Eliot travels to Massachusetts. Eliot is instantly a well-liked professor, frequently inviting students over for tea.

In the 1931 portrait, Eliot looks confident, reassured.

CR