A greater variety of shorebirds are finding their way to EBCA.  This evening I had Wilsons Phalaropes, LB dowitchers, white-rumped, semi-palmated, least, pectoral, spotted, solitary sandpipers along with the ever present yellowlegs.  Also had sora and singing marsh wrens in the cattail areas. I did not have time to walk out looking for the piping plover.  One black-necked stilt was in the back of pool 10, near the levee. Swallows were filling the air as I left.  Palm warblers remain in willows at pool 4 parking lot; blackpol, yellow, yello-rumped, Nashville, Tennessee warblers and a singing Northern Waterthrush were in pool 8.

Perche Creek is very high, filling many of the sloughs and increasing the water in pool 15.  Majority of shorebirds were seen in pool 10 and pool 15.

Jean Leonatti
Boone County
Sent from my iPad