Birds of Missouri - Robbins and Easterla-  gives May 25th as latest date for HASP in Mo..

SK

On Thursday, April 28, 2016 4:54 PM, Larry Lade <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

The last date I show in my records for Harris's Sparrows I have seen in Missouri is May 13th. (That would be pretty much in line to what Jo Ann is stating.)

Larry Lade
St. Joseph, MO

On Thursday, April 28, 2016 1:57 PM, Jo Ann Eldridge <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Our Ruby-throated Hummingbird showed up twice yesterday at our feeder; the house wren is back; a Baltimore oriole sang one day this week, but haven't heard it since; yellow-rumped warblers singing in yard every day this week, and the Harris Sparrows are still singing in the yard. We had some "winter" in a big brush pile. It is not unusual for them to stay until the 2nd Saturday in May, or it didn't use to be. Maybe their time has slipped up a week or more earlier than most things, but they are still in Kearney.

Jo Ann Eldridge, Kearney, Clay

-----Original Message-----
From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sean O'Daniels
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 9:56 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Late Harris' Sparrow - Smithville Lake

Hello MOBirders,

I had a late (I assume) Harris' Sparrow at the Crow's Creek Campground at Smithville Lake (Clay Co.) today around 11AM.  It was at the south end of the campground on the edge of a narrow strip of tree/scrub near the under construction horse stable.  No binocs or camera, but it was only ~5 yards off the road and clearly visible.

No sign of Baltimore Orioles in my neighborhood yet.  They've nested in my yard or neighbor's yard for the last 4 years (arrived as early as April 8).  I've had jelly out for a couple of weeks, hope they find us this year.  Same story for RTHU, no sign here yet.

Cheers,

Sean O'Daniels
Independence, Jackson County