Today at General Watkins CA south of Benton, on Cemetery Ridge Trail, we had a few recent arrivals:
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Baltimore Oriole
Parula Warbler
Kentucky Warbler
Tennessee Warbler
Worm-eating Warbler
Swainson’s Thrush
Wood Thrush

I also heard what I’m guessing was a female Ruffed Grouse.  I’ve never heard one, though, so I’m not sure.  It sounded like a chicken clucking quietly, but it was a steady, continuous sound rather than isolated cluck-clucks.  Would that be right?  This was on the ridge in deep woods with tangled underbrush.

Ida Domazlicky
Cape Girardeau County