I was leaving the Southeast Missouri St. U. river campus about 7:30 this evening and heard the distinctive sharp "peenting" of nighthawks.  Quickly was able to spot two of them wheeling back and forth over the parking lot, while a third called in the distance.  First I've seen this year.

-Allen Gathman
Pocahontas MO (Cape Girardeau County)