June Newman and I birded Swan Lake NWR yesterday.  Among the more than 60 species were 3 Sandhill Cranes making some sounds more strident than the usual resonant Gruuuu, gruuuu.  We finally spotted them and saw a coyote nearby.  It appeared they were upset by its presence.

American White Pelicans and Double-crested Cormorants vied amicably for space on the large mound in the lake.  American Coots abounded.  Hangers on included a Fox Sparrow and some juncos.  New arrivals included Ruby-crowned Kinglets.  Full list will be on eBird later.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO
ASM Spring Meeting: April 29-May 1, 2016 at Bunker Hill Retreat near Mountain View, MO