Thank you for the reply Jean. I understand the need for shallow water and mudflats as shorebird habitat but with so much of the area now being completely, and by that I mean "bone" dry, there is far less of that type habitat than usual this spring. I know for sure that last year at this time there was much more water and we were seeing a lot more birds and more variety. I guess to look on the positive side, with the birds confined to a smaller area it will be easier to locate whatever is there.
Thanks again for the information.
Jack Foreman
Leslie Mo.

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/