Four of us from Jefferson City went to Eagle Bluffs Sunday afternoon and found many hundreds of Northern Shovellers, Blue Winged Teal, Lesser Scaup and Green Winged Teal, with the largest numbers in the big pool in the back of the property. Blue Winged Teal were very numerous. We also had at least, but probably quite a bit more than, 50 White Pelicans on the far side of the back pool. At one point some were flying. Also seen were five eagles, with one chick in a nest. Near the end of the second one way loop, in the channel in between the roads, was an American Pipit. We saw a lot of Lesser Yellowlegs. Today at Binder Lake I tried to find Chris Barrigar's Sunday Common Loon, with no luck, but did have an immature Eagle flapping around the marshy area next to the "bridge area" on Rainbow Drive.

Jane Frazier
River Bluffs Audubon
Jefferson City