Nancy Gish: Williams did not like Eliot's and thought he had ruined poetry. But I see no reason to read this poem as about or referring to Eliot as it is the kind of thing Williams often wrote about.
=====

 Any "strong poet" (in Bloom's sense) is probably not a healthy "influence" on other poets - but no one is to be blamed if others choose to be corrupted by him.

Perhaps CR thinks all references to episcopal preachers have Eliot in mind. I wonder what he thinks of The Red Dean.

Williams is one of the poets I've always wished I had spent more time with.x

Carrol