Very sure I've mentioned this before, but will again: Ted Hughes' mother was a direct descendant of Nicholas Ferrar, he of Little Gidding and presumably after whom TH's late son  who also took his own life (R very much IP) was named

Grown-up Frieda H of course recently fell out bigtime with Sir Jonathan Bate over that biography.

Dr Ann Skea in Australia keeps matters Ted Hughes on fast academic boil -
http://ann.skea.com/index.html