mon semblable, mon frère
http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/hypocrite-auteur/

"I used to run into students who thought impulse meant idea: You got an
idea and somehow you made a poem of it. A poem made out of an idea could
run on forever. No single breath there. Impulse as one finds it in this
art—maybe in all art—is a glimpse. Of a relationship, a possible
relationship—Baudelaire’s analogie universelle. The impulse, the urge, the
emotion, begins in that cloudy glimpse, and the whole labor of art is to
create the form which will contain the relationship—turn glimpse into
image. But in such a way that the poem—if you are lucky, if there is a poem
at the end—will carry not only the image but the impulse which produced it,
that single breath—its own."

http://www.theparisreview.org/interviews/3944/the-art-of-poetry-no-18-archibald-macleish

CR