I had a Long-eared Owl in my yard in Warrensburg in Johnson County yesterday. I had trouble getting on the list serv to notify people, so Neal Young did it for me. Thanks to him. Nine people saw the bird, five of them expert birders. The bird cooperated for nice views. Apparently it was just passing through because it was not here this morning. I found it thanks to some helpful very noisy Blue Jays so thanks to them too.

Larry Olpin
Warrensburg, MO