My wife and daughter and I swung by Sunday afternoon to Cooley Lake CA just to the east of KCMO.  It was pretty windy but there was plenty of water in which 2-300 Ringneck ducks were battling the waves.   There were also probably 100+ gulls in one of the adjoining fields when we were overlooking the pools from the bluffs.  The best sight from there was the 50+ White Pelicans got up and flew around in all that wind.  The sun was illuminating them…especially against the dark fields that had been prepared for planting behind them.  Pretty nice!!

We also saw some daffodils blooming up on the bluffs…pretty early!!  And when we got home some of the Spring Peepers were calling…and that is definitely early!!

Terry L. Miller

Kearney High School

Ecology/College Zoology/Genetics/Botany/Astronomy/Earth Science Teacher

816-628-4585

"It is the inherent dignity of every human person that we must strive to respect, to inspire, and to believe in....and what a great responsibility we have as teachers and role models!"

"If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement, and mystery of the world we live in."       Rachel Carson