The dark morph bird was still there at 3 p.m. today. I actually parked at the Howell Island parking lot and walked north along the levee about 200 yards. The bird was in the trees on the left. It flew before I got anywhere near it, so I turned back to leave it in peace. By the time I got back in my vehicle, it had returned to its perch by the levee.

Two further comments. There were lots of police cars in the area, and the parking lot is a mushy mess.

Mick Richardson, Kirkwood