https://www.allaboutbirds.org/white-winged-crossbills-ecology-and-conservation-during-an-irruption-year/ <https://www.allaboutbirds.org/white-winged-crossbills-ecology-and-conservation-during-an-irruption-year/>

I’m not an expert either, but since there have been Crossbill irruptions in recent years, and it’s hard to judge size in the field from so far away, AND the picture looks much more like a Crossbill, I think that’s more probable.

Dwight Cruikshank
Columbia