I went to LIttle Dixie yesterday afternoon.  The weather was gorgeous; the birds were scant.

There were no waterfowl on the lake.  I heard, but did not see a lone goose calling in flight.

One immature eagle did a pass and kept going.

I walked my usual loop plus more on the east side.  One cardinal?  No chickadees?  One titmouse?  No wren?

Yes, I know early-mid afternoon is not the time for great activity, but even the usual woodpeckers were elsewhere or napping.

I scraped together 22 species, several of them singles.  Report on eBird.

Thoughts about this dearth?

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO