Well, I can only reproduce this excerpt from 'Revealed: the remarkable tale
of TS Eliot's late love affair' in The Guardian:

"In June 1964, Eliot visited Leeds, which he had come to like, for the last
time. In October, he collapsed into a coma from which he was not expected
to recover. Valerie held his hand in a nightlong vigil and in the morning
he regained consciousness. Later, she told the Observer that he "looked at
me as if to say 'I've done it'" and she took him home to Kensington. As he
was carried across the threshold of the flat, he exclaimed: "Hurrah,
hurrah, hurrah" and for a while he rallied. But he was living on oxygen and
at Christmas his heart began to fail again. According to Peter Ackroyd,
whose unauthorised account of his life is by far the best available, he
came out of his final coma to utter Valerie's name and then died on 4
January 1965."

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2009/may/24/ts-eliot-valerie-fletcher-scrapbooks

"Died in peace" is what I take it to be.

CR