Well, that depends on how fast we act, and how fast the AOU acts (or not). In poking around in other listservs (which I do for fun sometimes, esp. in states where I have been birding), I come across things like the following, a reply from Tony Leukering to someone in Florida who was suggesting that we would gain a scrub-jay and lose a redpoll this year. Who knows if his take on this is correct, or predicts correctly.

"Actually, I suspect that it will be a net gain of one. That is because the Western Scrub-Jay split is well supported and overdue. I would be surprised -- though not incredibly surprised -- if the NACC approves the proposed redpoll lump during this circulation. That is because the recent redpoll research is revealing a heretofore undiscovered phenomenon in birds: namely that a single set of genes can produce diagnosably different phenotypes depending upon variables external to those genes. The NACC, nearly by definition, is a conservative group, and even if the proposed redpoll lump happens, I suspect that it will not happen this year, and probably not until further research is conducted and published that deals specifically with this odd result. That research will require raising individual youngsters from single clutches of eggs in differing habitats -- and repeating that with many, many clutches. That research will not be easy, cheap, or quick."

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 6:00 PM, Robbins, Mark Blair <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
However, I presume we are going to officially toss out the Harris's Hawk and soon Hoary Redpoll will be sunk.  So, list is 421.

From: William Rowe [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2016 3:56 PM
To: Mobird
Cc: Brad Jacobs; Joe Eades; Josh Uffman; Kristi Mayo; Robbins, Mark Blair; Paul McKenzie
Subject: CHECKLIST UPDATE from the Missouri Bird Records Committee

Everyone:

The Annotated Checklist of Missouri Birds received a boost in 2015 in the form of three new species, all well documented, and all accepted by the MBRC:

1) An Ivory Gull in January, as previously reported. This bird's status is WV a (accidental winter visitant).

2) A Townsend's Warbler, banded on 9 October and documented with photographs by Jack Hilsabeck, Larry Lade, and Daniel Roberton. This species goes on the list as T a (accidental transient).

3) A Crested Caracara, observed on 7 December and documented with photographs by Becky Wylie and Sarah Cook. This species too is T a.

These additions bring our list to 434 (423 of these with definitive state records, 11 others provisional).

Let's see what 2016 brings!

Bill Rowe
Secretary, MBRC
St. Louis