Carlyle Lake Spillway Clinton Co. IL

We arrived at Carlyle around 10am.  We birded the spillway initially.  After about 45 minutes, Pete Moxon? from IL, waved at us that the bird was being seen on the lake, above the dam.  Diagnostic views were seen then the bird flew toward the marina and stayed for quite some time.
Long story short, Neil Hayward arrived ( big year 2013 with 749 species for N. America) and we had nothing for him.  Eventually, my friend Diane found the gull and it was a Lifer for him.  Pretty cool.  All of the group had good looks of the bird in flight over the lake and also at the spillway.
Special thanks to Pete, Diane and Neil ( for using his scope.)
Allow yourself some time- this bird likes to move around.  (My 2nd observation of this awesome bird)

Bryan Prather
St. Louis Co., Mo