Hi MOBirders:

I was in bed last night watching a movie using the wireless headset and
around midnight I realized, in addition to the sound track, I was hearing an
owl hoot.  And it was close.  I got out of bed and went to the window
knowing I needed to be careful.  I started to drop the blind very slowly and
just barely got to see the owl who (no pun) probably saw me and flew away
from its perch on my neighbor's roof.  But the bird stopped somewhere
closeby and continued hooting.

Mike Thelen
Univ City, StL Cnty, MO