Well, that depends on how fast we act, and how fast the AOU acts (or not).
In poking around in other listservs (which I do for fun sometimes, esp. in
states where I have been birding), I come across things like the following,
a reply from Tony Leukering to someone in Florida who was suggesting that
we would gain a scrub-jay and lose a redpoll this year. Who knows if his
take on this is correct, or predicts correctly.

"Actually, I suspect that it will be a net gain of one. That is because the
Western Scrub-Jay split is well supported and overdue. I would be surprised
-- though not incredibly surprised -- if the NACC approves the proposed
redpoll lump during this circulation. That is because the recent redpoll
research is revealing a heretofore undiscovered phenomenon in birds: namely
that a single set of genes can produce diagnosably different phenotypes
depending upon variables external to those genes. The NACC, nearly by
definition, is a conservative group, and even if the proposed redpoll lump
happens, I suspect that it will not happen this year, and probably not
until further research is conducted and published that deals specifically
with this odd result. That research will require raising individual
youngsters from single clutches of eggs in differing habitats -- and
repeating that with many, many clutches. That research will not be easy,
cheap, or quick."