Dear fellow birders,

Wings Over Weston 2016 is approaching and our 7th annual festival will be adopting the 100th anniversary of the migratory bird treaty act as a theme.  We are looking for ways to celebrate by adding some special programs.  Operation Wildlife and Missouri River Bird Observatory have both been a part of our festival since it started, so aside from bird banding and live/rehabilitated birds we’re looking for some special programs that we could add this year.  I’m reaching out to all of you fellow birders for referrals or ideas.

If you’re unfamiliar with Wings Over Weston, it started in 2010 as a one-time event to introduce the newly established Iatan/Weston River Corridor Important Bird Area (IBA) to the public.  Wings Over Weston is now the largest birding festival in the state of Missouri with a very unique niche – Wings Over Weston introduces birds, their migration, and the importance of conservation of habitat to children, the birders of tomorrow.  2016 marks our 7th year and we are now performing outreach to 800 to 1,000 children (and adults) and we are still growing.

Thank you!

Christine Kline

Pleasant Hill – Cass County

Christine Kline