The beautiful female cardinal came back this evening late and we all got to
see it. I have a Sony Cyber-shot tiny digital with a 10x zoom. My husband
captured some pictures through our slightly dirty double-pane window near
the feeders. The pictures serve to prove I wasn't out of my head yesterday
(being the only one who saw this bird). I don't know how to post pictures. I
sent them to Larry Lade. The bird has more than white checks as I thought
yesterday. Even his nape is white. The crest is reddish, but most of head is
very white with just a few dark feathers where it is usually black. I am
asking whether this is partial albinism or leucistic. If anyone is
interested, I could email you direct some pictures.

Jo Ann Eldridge, Kearney, Clay