Dear Colleagues,

As chairs of the Central / East / South European Cinemas Scholarly Interest
Group at the Society of Cinema and Media Studies (SCMS), we are pleased to
announce the second annual prize for an outstanding *published essay* in
the field of Central/East/South European Cinema and Media Studies.
Submissions will be judged by a panel of experts, and the winner will be
announced at the upcoming 2016 SCMS meeting in Atlanta, GA. The winner will
be awarded a cash prize of $500.

*Eligibility:*

Any single-authored essay on Central / East / South European media
*published* in the field in the calendar year of 2015 as a
journal article or a chapter in a collected volume (chapters excerpted from
monographs will not be considered).

Essay should be between 6,000 and 9,000 words (with a 10,000 word limit,
notes and works cited included).

Essays must be published in English.

Authors need NOT be members of SCMS.

*Submission guidelines:*

We request anonymous submissions. The author’s name, essay title, exact
date and venue for publication, personal contact address, and academic
affiliation should appear only on a separate cover sheet (no identifying
information in the essay file please). Essays and cover pages should be
attached in the email as separate document files and directed to Evan
Torner ([log in to unmask]) and Ana Grgic ([log in to unmask]).

Submission deadline is *February 29, 2016.*

Regards,
-Evan Torner (University of Cincinnati) and Ana Grgic (University of St.
Andrews)

--
Evan Torner