We were extremely fortunate to have good weather for the MOCP CBC yesterday, 12/29.  A few people were not able to participate in the count due to bad weather/bad road conditions from the previous few days of rain, snow and sleet.  The roads around here were dry, and with the exception of a couple of  places in one of our quadrants, all roads were passable.

We had a total of 68 species and 42,856 total birds.  One of the main treats of the day was the small collection of Short-eared Owls at Hi Lonesome CA.  There were also a few Merlin in the area there.

The total list follows:
Snow Goose, 24,197
Cackling Goose, 1
Canada Goose, 1341