Oh the grief of looking at the Kansas CBC locations.  I did not become a
birder until long after leaving the State of Kansas.  I was born in El
Dorado, Ks., and through time lived in Garden City, Dodge City, Wichita,
Emporia, and Olathe.  Now to look back, and note all of the CBC birding
opportunities I missed while living in those locations.  My introduction to
birding away from just having a feeder in my backyard was while living in
Virginia and a friend suggesting I should participate in a CBC.  I
developed an immediate passion and love of CBCs, and a full blown
compulsion to learn as much, and participate in as much birding activities
as possible. Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, and over the snow we go for yet
another CBC (or at least a bit of rain.)

Charley Burwick
Greene County