After helping at the informal CBC at Cuiver River State Park today, my wife and I decided to pay a visit to  Short-eared Owl family at B.K. Leach - and watch the sunset.  We arrived at 4PM and were astounded to find 33 Northern Harriers all hunting over the same field together.  We've never seen so many in one binocular view.  As soon as the last one dropped into the grasses to roost, up popped the barking Short-eared Owls.  One decided to hang out alongside the road for a lengthy period of time.  I was able to get a few photos that I liked.  Here they are:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wildreturn/albums/72157660287004454

Andrew Reago

St. Louis MO