Along with my partners on the Weldon Spring CBC today (Randy Korotev, David and Mary Anne Marjamaa), I observed a Black Vulture soaring over the ridge along the Katy Trail, approximately at the parking lot and restroom that are just off route 94 about 4 miles from I-64. The bird coasted eastward along the ridge until it was out of sight, and I would assume it is not easily refindable.

We also had a flock of about 50 meadowlarks in corn stubble in the adjacent fields; several were nailed down as Westerns, by voice and/or visual characters, and I think a majority of the flock was that species. This is the same location where Westerns have been found in prior recent years.

Bill Rowe
St. Louis