Hi all,

The bird photographed by Andy certainly looks like the one we saw Wednesday. Andy’s pix are much clearer than mine (which was made by iPhone, high winds, hand-held, cold photographer, etc.). But here are my pix:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ky2mp52liho5mvj/AABK3u8_An89fyMnZHlRMynEa?dl=0

We assumed it was male (even minus the tail) by the amount of white, especially on the back. Jack Foreman’s comments are helpful too. It might be a juvenile male. I too make no claim to expertise, and look forward to hearing from the experts that regularly enrich the MOBIRDS forum.

OK experts; the ball (or duck) is in your court!

Tom Fuller

Principia College

Jersey County, IL