Hello all,

Hope you are all had a great start to the holiday and CBC season!! I wanted to let you know that this year the Cannon CBC will be held on Monday Dec 21st. Due to vacations, waterfowl season, and several other things we had to move the count way up this year and I apologize for the late notice. As of very recently there were lots of waterfowl and interesting birds still around, hopefully they stick around one more week!

Please let Bruce ([log in to unmask] and 636 528-6544) know if you are interested in participating this year as I will be out of town). The count does cover a number of public lands in both Missouri and Illinois including Clarence Cannon NWR, all 3 units of BK Leach conservation area, Prairie Slough conservation area, Plant Materials Center, Reds Landing conservation area (IL) and part of Two Rivers NWR (IL). It also covers a number of private lands and roads throughout the circle.

As always if you have a preference where you would like to go please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate that. If you have any questions please let us know. Thanks for your help and hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!!

Good Birding and Happy Holidays
Eric Schuette
Denver CO/Troy MO