Did I find a flock of Cedar Waxings roosting? Yesterday about a half hour before sunset, my wife (Chrissy McClarren) and I discovered a small group of around 11 Cedar Waxwings fly into some low branches of a tree that still had many dead leaves that had yet to fall. The birds seemed to be hiding and positioning themselves within these leaves in such a way that they seemed to us to be roosting behavior - not that we know anything about the roosting behavior of this species. They hunkered down and stayed for the 15 minutes we watched - and were still there as we left. I've seen many a Waxwing, but never roosting. COOL! (If I'm right. )  Please check out the photos I was able to get here and let me know if you also think this is roosting:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wildreturn/albums/72157662316043566

Andy Reago

St. Louis MO

<[log in to unmask]> <[log in to unmask]>