Did I find a flock of Cedar Waxings roosting? Yesterday about a half
hour before sunset, my wife (Chrissy McClarren) and I discovered a
small group of around 11 Cedar Waxwings fly into some low branches of
a tree that still had many dead leaves that had yet to fall. The birds
seemed to be hiding and positioning themselves within these leaves in
such a way that they seemed to us to be roosting behavior - not that
we know anything about the roosting behavior of this species. They
hunkered down and stayed for the 15 minutes we watched - and were
still there as we left. I've seen many a Waxwing, but never roosting.
COOL! (If I'm right. ) Please check out the photos I was able to get
here and let me know if you also think this is roosting:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/wildreturn/albums/72157662316043566 [1]

Andy Reago
St. Louis MO

Links:
------
[1] https://www.flickr.com/photos/wildreturn/albums/72157662316043566

ASM Spring Meeting: April 29-May 1, 2016 at Bunker Hill Retreat near Mountain View, MO