Riverlands Migratory Sanctuary

Three of us arrived at Riverlands at around 9:20 am today.  Big time fog over everything.  Teal Pond revealed a Tern sp.  on the water.  It was so foggy, that Tern sp. was for sure and Forster's was our pick after  it lifted.  After Sparrow viewing at the end of Orton Road we birded Teal Pond again.  3 Great Egrets (continuing birds) were observed along with DC Cormorants, Hooded Mergansers , Mallards etc.  The fog finally let go.
We had around 150 Trumpeter Swans, although groups were either in fields or returning to RMBS constantly after foraging.  Tundra Swans (a few calling) did join the Trumpeters.
Heron Pond held an American Black Duck, N. Pintail(s) and a Green-winged Teal.  Mallards, Canvasback, Ringed-neck were also there.
Greater White - fronted Geese (47)  were together on the plentiful mudflats in Ellis Bay, etc.( Specifically across from Heron Pond although they lifted off while we viewed Heron Pond.)
Goldeneye that had a female Red-breasted Merganser and 2 Scaup were observerd from the Visitors Center.
Peripherals included Am. Kestrel, Bald Eagle, Red-tailed Hawk and Northern Harrier.

Nice to be birding close to home again.
Sorry for any grammatical errors- I don't care ;)
One either gets the message of the post or you don't.

Bryan Prather
St.Louis Co., Mo