Hi all,

Happy to announce that we published our first longread in English at OneWorld (in cooperation with the Shahida Report),
http://longreads.oneworld.nl/en/djibouti_trafficking/

It is called: 'Fear and loathing in Djibouti'
Excesses of the War on Terror: In Djibouti, USAFRICOM's strategical base of operations in the Horn of Africa, they know all about it. OneWorld and Shahida Report reveal how the U.S. covers up signs of human trafficking, and how the sex trade is taking yet greater proportions due to the presence of American contractors and other foreign militaries.
We are going to take you on a trip through Djibouti, the world of human trafficking reports and their political manipulation, and the dark world of commercial sex, even involving children, in brothels by the side of the highway and in nightclubs.
I told some of you about this project in Lillehammer. So, here is the first part!

Feel free to contact us if you want to know more, or if you would like to (re)publish (parts of) the article.

http://longreads.oneworld.nl/en/djibouti_trafficking/

Best,

Sanne Terlingen
Onderzoeksjournalist
+31 (0)614411572 | @sanneterlingen<http://www.twitter.com/sanneterlingen>

Geheime of minder geheime documenten?
Post: Piet Heinkade 181H, 1019 HC Amsterdam
Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x774C69F5C09694BE