Yesterday afternoon I saw an adult bald eagle perched in a cottonwood tree on the northwest corner of Jefferson Lake in Forest Park, St. Louis City.  The tree is adjacent to Faulkner Drive, nearly directly above the concrete pad that fisherman use to fish from the shore.  I think it senses when the lake has been stocked with rainbow trout.  It is undoubtedly the same bird that perched in the same place last year.  I love seeing bald eagles in the park.  This one makes itself remarkably inconspicuous, and seems rather tolerant of people who seem oblivious to its presence.

Tom Bailey
St. Louis, Mo

[Anti-Virus Filter]<http://www.lsoft.com/products/default.asp?item=secured-by-FS&host=PO.MISSOURI.EDU&wa=https://po.missouri.edu/cgi-bin/wa> [Powered by the LISTSERV Email List Manager] <http://www.lsoft.com/products/listserv-powered.asp>

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/