Found two of the Surf scoters near the dam where others have been seeing them all week. By walking out on the dam we were able to get close enough for decent pictures. Try as we might we never did find the third one or the Common Merganzer but seems like all the other ducks reported are still there  including Ruddys, Ring-necks, Lesser scaup, Redheads, Mallards, one hen N. Shoveler, plus both Horned and Pied-billed grebes. The pair of Mute swans were a surprise to us but after checking ebird tonight I see that they've been around quite awhile. First time we've seen them there though. Smaller birds were very active early and we came home with a nice list for the day. Song, White-throated, and Swamp sparrows, Pilleated, Red-bellied and Downy woodpeckers, House finches, American Goldfinch, 2 Belted kingfishers, a Red-shouldered hawk in the campgrounds which gave us a nice close look, one Golden-crowned kinglet, Common grackles, red-winged blackbirds, and more. Full list on ebird, with pics of scoters and a few others; http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S25848238

Also saw several deer enjoying the safety of the park. Great day to be out.

Jack and Shirley Foreman
Leslie Mo.

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/