This is a post to the Facebook ABA Rare Bird Alert today, but it was not listed in the email alert I got from ebird early this morning.  I'm wondering why it didn't.

 ....birds in South Dakota in the past week include an Anna's Hummingbird in Watertown, Codington County (about the 5th state record) and better yet, a Great Kiskadee in rural Brookings County. The kiskadee was first reported to eBird yesterday and was seen and photographed by many observers today. From what I'm told, it's the 1st well-documented record for the state (the other was 6/13/94 and was single-observer/no photos). Homeowners in the area say the kiskadee has been present for months.

June Newman
Carroll County