Hi all,
I had a great day of birding in SW Missouri today.   Started at the Bait
Shop near the intersection of Hwy 215/Hwy 123 where the Rock Wren
continues.  It was under and on a walnut huller behind the store.
Off T Hwy near Aldrich, I had a good mix of waterfowl, including Redhead,
Pintail, Ring-necked, Green winged Teal, Northern Shovelors, and many
Mallards.
On the west side of Aldrich, I had good numbers of Bonaparte's Gulls and a
single Ruddy Duck.
At Twin Bridges near Ruark Bluff Campground on Stockton Reservoir in Dade
County, I had 11 Common Loons and more Bonaparte's Gulls.
At Arcola I had a Loggerhead Shrike, an immature Bald Eagle, and a
Rough-legged hawk.  Many Ring-billed Gulls were in agricultural fields, and
Canada Geese and Mallards were in abundance there.
At Pennsylvania Prairie, my dog and I kicked up 7 Smith's Longspurs and a
single LeConte's Sparrow, along with the ubiquitous Savannah Sparrows and
Northern Harriers.
Near Shelton Prairie, actually one mile south of the public lands, I had a
Merlin in a small tree.

All the checklists are submitted to e-Bird.

Good birding,
Greg Swick
Ozark, MO

--
*Greg Swick, GLADE Outreach Coordinator*
*Green Leadership Academy for Diverse Ecosystems (GLADE)*

*I believe that there is a subtle magnetism in nature, which, if we
unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright. ~Henry David Thoreau*

ASM Spring Meeting: April 29-May 1, 2016 at Bunker Hill Retreat near Mountain View, MO