Missouri birders,
Julie, thank you for sharing this sad news. I met Jim before I became a birder, when I working at William Woods. He was always a bright light in my day at work, and nothing changed when I was lucky enough to join him in the field. I've been out of the birding community for a few years because of changes in my life, but I dream about birding often. We birders share a great joy and a privilege in our exploration of life. We see around us the marvels of the everyday that others never notice. Jim was one of so many of you who taught me how to revel in that.
I wish you all the best, and I hope I see you on the trails again someday soon.
Fly high,Amy J. HoffmanSpringfield, Greene County