The Red Phalarope was still at Eldon Hazlet
S P this morning. We found it yesterday and today.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 1, 2015, at 11:08 PM, Thomas Bormann <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dan Kassebaum found a Red Phalarope in the large but drying lake arm at the entrance to Hazlett State Park. It was associating with 20-30 Killdeer, apparently letting them be its lookout for danger. Dan apparently has good pictures, which will probably turn up on his weekly Carlyle Lake Birding Report in a day or two. You can find it at http://www.htc.net/~kdan/report.htm.

Dave Rogles and I were surprised to find a Rough-legged Hawk in Hazlett this morning. It was on the side of the road to a parking lot for trails - the one past the archery range just east of the Administration building.

There were a number of Common Loons on the lake, but we did not refind the Pacific Loon from Friday.

Tom Bormann
St. Louis County, MO